Popular Posts

alan pearson artist

Please leave a comment (click on the 'comment' button after the time of the Post) and we will respond, thank you!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

SLANZA 10 year anniversary

My good friend Pauline McCowan has always kept in touch with me since our days on the Steering Committee for the School Library Association of New Zealand and when I'm in Auckland we usually meet. This time it just happened to be the SLANZA 10th anniversary and Pauline invited me to come along to the celebrations at the Stanley Street headquarters of National Library, Auckland. It was a happy occasion with speeches by Elizabeth and the past & present SLANZA presidents. Graeme Beattie captured the attention of the audience when he spoke about how he came to love books and his career.
It was great to catch up with Pauline and five others of the old crew... from left to right: Jill Stotter, me, Pamela Hulston, Liz Probert, Pauline and Elizabeth Jones.

No comments: